Valorie Hart is an experienced interior designer and decorator and writes for the popular design blog The Visual Vamp Hart’s writings have also appeared in New Orleans Homes & Lifestyles, GO NOLA, and House of Fifty Ideas for Inspired Living. She considers herself a “New New”—a New Yorker transplanted in New Orleans—and lives in a restored antique shotgun house in New Orleans’ Irish Channel neighborhood with her husband, Alberto.
- Classic not conservative; modern not trendy; art over artifice; style plus taste; elegance over glitz; formal over stuffy; generous over lavish; simple not plain; risky not reckless; smart enough to be different, and learned all the rules in order to use them or break them.
- Style, wit, warmth, and color. Valorie's tool box includes: use what you have; shop high and low; mix in art, vintage, modern, and antiques; combine the refined with the humble.
- House calls to diagnose your style. Online house calls are welcome. Use the diagnostic proposal on your own, or hire Valorie to do the job, from just restyling what you have. Sometimes rearranging the furniture, and a small refresh can be enough of a change.
- Hire Hart to take on an entire interior design and decoration project from choosing paint colors, floor plans, and soft furnishings (fabrics and window treatments, etc.), along with shopping for furniture, art, and accessories.
- Talent that travels, and open to jobs and projects everywhere.
Nicki Huggins, @nickihuggins
Nicki Huggins is a furniture and interior designer who has appeared on HGTV and House Beautiful for A&E. An avid historian of vintage American outdoor furniture, Nicki created the company RetroPatio in 1998 to restore modern American spring steel chairs and glider sets. Nicki now designs and manufactures both outdoor and indoor chairs based on her collection of American furniture gems from the Thirties and Forties. Nicki Huggins will debut The RetroPatio Collection in Fall 2014. All Nicki Huggins furniture is Made in the USA.
Nicki began taping “Fix It and Finish It,” a daily syndicated home renovation show with Antonio Sabato Jr. in the spring. In the series, Nicki is a featured designer who will remodel homes, outdoor spaces, trailers, cabins, etc. in 15 American cities.
An early adapter of green technology, Nicki Huggins installed the first domestic wind turbine in Los Angeles in 2008.
Previously, Nicki Huggins was a television producer who produced scripted and unscripted shows, including children’s programming and Sit-Coms for Sony International.
Also a master marketer, Nicki produced the ground-breaking marketing campaign for the Oprah Winfrey hosted television special "Scared Silent" which addressed child abuse in America. 55 million Americans watched Scared Silent making it the most successful documentary in American television history. Hundreds of thousands of victims and perpetrators called a toll-free number and were referred to health care professionals in their area. The Scared Silent campaign received an EFFIE marketing award from the American Marketing Association.
Nicki has appeared in Renovation Style magazine, Coastal Living magazine, De Morgen magazine (Belgium), Met Home, Florida Travel and Life, Southern Lady, Culture and Leisure, Southern Breeze and Portico.
Nicki has a degree in Art, specializing in photography and a degree in Clinical Psychology from Florida State University. She has also studied at Southern California Institute of Architecture (SCI-ARC), UCLA, and The Entertainment Academy.
Connect with Nicki on her social media pages: