Do you have an idea of what plastilina clay is? Plastilina clay is a substance that is always used for prototype modeling and artwork. It is also known as plasticine, plasticium, or plasteline. Its major components include clay flour, oil, and wax. Plastilina is based on 3 categories, that is industrial, school, and professional grade. Developers in the automotive industry often use industrial plasticine. The school plasticium doesn’t constitute sulfur and always tends to be tough and rigid to model with your hands.
Further, professional plasticine has got sulfur to give rise to a soft and extra homogeneous makeup which specialists expect. So how can you harden plastilina clay? Plasticine clay does not easily harden. However, there are simple ways to make the clay harden. Here’s what you should know to understand how to harden plastilina clay.
Can You Bake Plasticine Clay?
Plasticine is an oil-based clay and when you try baking it in your oven, you will be surprised as it will meltdown. The oil in the clay will be discharged and ooze down in a pool. It’s shaping then recessions, smoothen and ruptures may occur on the surface.
Does Plastilina Stiffen?
When you knead plastilina on tough ground and if plastilina is current, it will feel soft after some time. The oil in it may be lost to the environment and thus make it hard to operate. Also, it may be fragile dry.
How to Harden Plasticine Clay
It is important to learn how to harden plasticine clay. Here are 3 key points on how to harden plastilina clay:
1. You Can Freeze The Clay
Keeping the clay in a freezer will make it durable. As you freeze it in the refrigerator, you can ensure it does not come closer to your foodstuff. You can place the plasticine in the freezer for about 30 to 40 minutes before you work with it.
2. Sprinkle The Clay With Lacquer
Why should you spray the clay apart from making it harden?
- To protect the treatments that you have utilized on your clay.
- You maybe want the clay to be shiny or even dull.
3. Blend before use
You can blend the clay with a candle or wax. When you use a lot of wax it will make the clay to be tougher.
How You Can Use and Reuse Plastilina- What is Plastilina Used For?
You can confirm that you understand this question on what is plastilina used for in society today.
- Make the clay smooth using the process called wedging. Then use your hand to propel the paw from you. Then squeeze the clay. Tuck it, compress and propel it away from you for the second time. Swivel the clay to the opposite side and ensure you reiterate the process. This will help you get a glossy and mild clay. This is almost the same as the process of kneading baking flour. If you have large quantities of the plasticine clay, you can go ahead and cut the clay. This you will have amounts you can wedge effortlessly.
- You can then do the shaping of plastilina clay pieces. This will help you create the art. You can use your hands to make the pieces. Then make an intersection structure on the ends of two clay pieces using a pointer device. Then you can join the duo pieces. Make the joints equal with your hands. On the other hand, you can connect the pieces by use of tiny portions of wires which you will place in the middle of the ends of the slabs.
- Do the decorations on the art using tiny portions of plasticine clay. For example, you can do the rolling of smaller parts of the plasticine clay in between your hands. Then proceed to place the cylindrical structure you get on a flat surface and then roll it until you get the required consistency. You can then do the cutting of the trunk in many segments that have a distinct or similar length. Then you can apply the segments to your art. Besides, you can twist the cylindrical structure in a coil moving clockwise and then connect it to the sculpture.
- Utilize a wire object if you are marking the big parts. This helps in giving aid to art. Then connect the clay onto the line to give the required structure.
- You can move to connect the structures on the art using the labels or through engraving on the top of the clay with a timber modeling device.
Benefits of Plastilina to The Kids
- It helps develop the choices and attitudes of the children.
- Makes the children to be inventive and also enhances their engagement statuses.
- Your children can learn communication skills and can be expressing themselves promptly
- Helps lessen the feeling of being aggressive, frustrated, and having anxiety.
- Enhances the child’s self-esteem.
- When your kids start learning writing skills, it will be simple for them when using a pen to make symbol spasms. Hence indirectly teaching the kids on writing.
- Plastilina enables your kids to show their inner-thinking and feelings.
- The ability to be durable makes your kids adore their crafts every day.
- Your kids can be able to relieve tension as they play with clay anytime they are stressed.
Understanding how to harden plastilina clay is crucial. This clay does not harden when heated like any other polymer-based clay. Instead of hardening when heated, it melts. This can mess up what you were planning to do with the clay. Therefore to harden it, you can comprehend how to freeze it in your refrigerator. Also mixing the clay with wax can helps as the clay will be tougher when you use much wax. Moreover, you can sprinkle your clay. After knowing how to harden it you will understand how to use and reuse it. Also, appreciating its benefits to the kids can be awesome. Get to understand your clay without struggling. Hopefully, you now know plastilina and how to make it stiff.